Saturday, September 17, 2011

Finger Painting with Bubble Wrap

Project Type: Art Activity
Age Range: One year or older

I have tried to finger paint several times with Bro-Bro and Ya-Ya.  I learned a few things from our first two failures and final success.

1)  I would suggest wait until your child is one or older.  When Bro-Bro and Ya-Ya were 10 months old we tried to make some homemade wrapping paper.  I tried to dip their little fingers in finger paint...immediately they began to cry, I do not think they liked the feel of the paint.   Lets just say the project was miserable for all of us.

2)  Put the paint directly on what your child will be painting.  I tried putting paint on a paper plate beside the paper I was hoping they would paint on...Nope, all the paint stayed on the plate and none ended up on the paper.

3)  Diaper only.  It just makes things easier. 

4)  It worked great letting the twins paint in their highchairs.  A little paint may ended up on the highchairs but it was much easier having them confined in one space.

5)  You do not have to buy special finger paint, just make sure it is washable paint.

I got this idea of finger painting with bubble wrap from one of my friends blog, Altogether Beautiful. Thanks for the great idea!!

Materials: Paper (thick paper if you have it, such as card stock), bubble wrap, tape, and paint. 

First I taped the bubble wrap to the highchair, then I put two blobs of primary colored paint directly on the wrap.  Bro-Bro and Ya-Ya enjoyed the texture of the bubble wrap and the different colors.  I am looking forward to doing this activity again while I teach them colors.

When they were finished, I took the card stock paper and pressed it down onto the bubble wrap.  I loved the outcome!  
This is my favorite artwork yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment