Friday, September 23, 2011

No Mess Painting Activity

Project Type: Art Activity
Age Range: 14 months or older

While visiting my parents I knew I needed some fun activities for Bro-Bro and Ya-Ya.  I always enjoy trying something new with the twins...I think they enjoy it too!  This art activity worked great because there was no mess and no clean-up.  I did not have to worry about paint getting all over everyone and everything.



Supplies: Paint, paper, sponge, scissors,  tape, gallon-size plastic bag and a paper plate

Set up:  I placed a piece of white paper inside the plastic plastic bag and put a few paint blobs on a paper plate.  Cut the sponge into small squares and dipped them into the paint and put them in the bags.  After Bro-Bro and Ya-Ya started playing with the plastic bags I quickly realized that I need to have them sealed better with tape.  Tape is a must or might have a mess!

 

They had a good time playing with the sponges, swishing, trying to make them move around and shaking the bags.  Afterward, I pulled out the papers and showed them their masterpieces and threw the plastic bags and paper plates away.  No mess, no clean-up, Yay!  I placed the pictures on a paper towel to let them dry.  Now they are hanging on my parent's refrigerator!


No comments:

Post a Comment